R.I.P. PEDRO


I confess that I had not, until just prior to this writing, seen the epic 1956 George Stevens film, Giant.

I am suitably impressed, save for one thing: Pedro the Thanksgiving Turkey.

No one ever warned me about Pedro and his horrific demise, not to mention the permanent mental and emotional scars left upon the Benedict children at discovering that yes, dinner was their beloved Pedro.

I fell out of my chair while watching that scene. I railed at the screen, hands to my face in shock, hollering, "OH MY GOD! THEY ATE PEDRO!"

I seriously do not know how to process what I watched with my emotions while watching it. On the one hand, I was horrified. On the other, I laughed.

I laughed. Out loud. This was possibly not an appropriate response.

Forevermore, all my Thanksgiving turkeys will now be named Pedro.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts